Welcome to Gaia! ::

You do not Duel because...

you despise Mahayr. 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 1 ]
you despise someone else in here. 0.125 12.5% [ 3 ]
you are, as accused, CHICKEN! 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 2 ]
it is beneath you, you are just that good. BUT too chicken to prove it. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
you have too much on your plate for lowly duels, and are CHICKEN! 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 1 ]
there is not enough to be gained, you are greedy. 0.25 25.0% [ 6 ]
Other... post your own answer. 0.45833333333333 45.8% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 24 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 63 64 65 > >>

3,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Outstanding Duels

il faut....v....knight_of_chivalry .............................................................................................
Defender: il faut (bet received)
Challenger: knight_of_chivalry (bet received)
Bet: 3k
Type of Duel: Regular
Judge: Adimurti
Form: Vers Libre
Subject: Madness

ViewerDiscretionsAdvised....v....Toxic Aparadoxaclypse .................................................
Defender: ViewerDiscretionsAdvised (bet received)
Challenger: Toxic Aparadoxaclypse
Form: Haibun
Subject: Open

The Love Mutt....v....knight_of_chivalry ..............................................................................
Challenger: The Love Mutt
Defender: knight_of_chivalry (bet received)
Bet: 5k
Form: Linked Haiku/Senryu

3,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
il faut....v....knight_of_chivalry ........................................................................Enguard!
Defender: il faut
Challenger: knight_of_chivalry
Form: Vers Libre
Subject: Madness

3,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
ViewerDiscretionsAdvised....v....Toxic Aparadoxaclypse ............................Enguard!
Defender: ViewerDiscretionsAdvised
Challenger: Toxic Aparadoxaclypse
Form: Haibun

3,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Love Mutt ain't logged on in quite some time. If she doesn't reply by the end of the week I'm gonna assume the duel's off and send the trade back to Ed. 3nodding

3,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The Love Mutt....v....knight_of_chivalry .........................................................Enguard!
Challenger: The Love Mutt
Defender: knight_of_chivalry
Bet: 5k
Form: Linked Haiku/Senryu
Hushed Whispers and Lustful Nights.

I laugh hard at the woman wearing red drapes and puffing a cigar, clutching onto the counter, snarling as she prepares me and my date dinner. The smell of cuisine permeates around her stony face and into our room. "Dinner. Now woman!" I demanded and pounded a fist into the table

with a face of anger showing teeth. The breath of pepperment and pipe tobacco mixed with our pleasing aroma as she came into our room with displeasing odor, and served me and the mistress cheap wine with chicken parm.

"Your duties are done for now. Go to the room, and I'll deal with you tonight!"
I yelled in blunt disdain when I pushed her aside without emotion.

The table cleared within moments like captivating day light, and into the night I made sweet love to the mistress, because the wife knows that I've always got a shoulder for two.

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
...bugger... Lol.

Ok so here goes:

Challenger: Akashya inoue
Defender: The Love Mutt
Bet: 5K
Judge: Toxic
Style: 10 lines or less
Subject: love triangle*

*please think out of the box when reading mine; i did...

Love Triangle

acute angles more
than pythagoras theorized;
fitting triangles

into circles as
easily as a pen in
its cap, satisfied

and so the crooked
circle begins, winding way
to sweet nothings and

falling-outs.

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
what i mean by outside the box:

originally, i wasn't necessarily thinking love triangle in the normal sense... i was thinking making love triangle style
Akashya inoue
Hushed Whispers and Lustful Nights.

I laugh hard at the woman wearing red drapes and puffing a cigar, clutching onto the counter, snarling as she prepares me and my date dinner. The smell of cuisine permeates around her stony face and into our room. "Dinner. Now woman!" I demanded and pounded a fist into the table

with a face of anger showing teeth. The breath of pepperment and pipe tobacco mixed with our pleasing aroma as she came into our room with displeasing odor, and served me and the mistress cheap wine and chicken parm.

"Your duties are done for now. Go to the room, and I'll deal with you tonight!"
I yelled in blunt disdain when I pushed her aside without emotion.

The table cleared within moments like captivating day light, and into the night I made sweet love to the mistress, because the wife knows that I've always got a shoulder for two.

I really liked the first line, but unfortunately it just went downhill from there. Your syntax confused me, you fell back a bit on your old habit of five-dollar-words-that-don't-really-fit and your dialogue lines seemed jolted and out of place. It may have been an intended effect, but the juxtaposition of the rough tone of the dialogue and the pretty words in the narration only confused me. I had to re-read things because your grammar is pretty ********. Or, at least, it doesn't read naturally.

Love Triangle

acute angles more
than pythagoras theorized;
fitting triangles

into circles as
easily as a pen in
its cap, satisfied

and so the crooked
circle begins, winding way
to sweet nothings and

falling-outs.

I liked the literal take on "love triangle." Also liked the chained senryu that you chose to present it in. However, some of your poem suffers from it, where the syllables restricted your use of images and left you with the cop-out ending. (Yes, I do consider "sweet nothings and falling-outs" to be a cop-out ending in the third degree.) But it's what fit the prompt. So kudos to you.

In conclusion, I declare the winner of this toe-tapping duel to be The Love Mutt. Please collect your earnings on the way out. biggrin

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
thanks! heart

wasn't so much cop out.... i was trying to bring something else into it... tie it all together. may have been a bit cliche... but ah well. ^_^

i STILL love the shoulder for two line, luis!!!
The Love Mutt
thanks! heart

wasn't so much cop out.... i was trying to bring something else into it... tie it all together. may have been a bit cliche... but ah well. ^_^

i STILL love the shoulder for two line, luis!!!

=P Shoulder for two was pretty clever, but not good enough. I wanted something to match the imagery and niceness of the first bit and he let me down. xP

3,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Congrats, Lovie. heart

Tipsy Lunatic

Oh, the fun.

The last competition I entered, sadly, did not go as well as I had hoped.

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Nicely done, Clarice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers